Your keyboard puts the world at your fingertips! The faster you type, the quicker you tour! - Redge S.
After reading great reviews on the Bakeneko65 keyboard, I built one. The basic keyboard is currently listed at $149.99, and you must purchase the key switches and keycaps separately.
I selected the black Anodized case with a zinc weight for my build. The kit includes the following materials:
• Bakeneko65 Cast Aluminum Case with Zinc Weight or Silicone
• CannonKeys Custom Foam Carrying Case (Black)
• 50A Silicone O-Ring Gasket
• FR4 Universal Plate
• CannonKeys ANSI Layout Hotswap PCB with cool white per key LED
• USB-C C3 Unified Daughterboard (with ESD protection) and JST Cable
• Microfiber Cloth
• (3) 2u Cherry Clip-in Stabilizers, (1) 6.25u Cherry Clip-in Stabilizer with CannonKeys Wire. Due to the mounting style of this keyboard, screw-in stabilizers are not supported on the backspace and space.
• Custom Bumpon-compatible Silicone Feet
• 65% o-ring gasket-mounted keyboard
• FR4 universal plate
• CannonKeys hot-swap PCB with ANSI layout
(Solder PCB add-on available)
• 6-degree typing angle
• 590g unbuilt without weight, 910g unbuilt with weight
As mentioned, you will need to purchase your own key switches. I purchased the FLCMMK Ice Mint Linear Switch designed by FLCMMK and manufactured by Kailh. I prefer switches with a low actuation force, and the Ice Mint Linear switches are the Goldilocks solution.
These full POM switches come factory lubed, and the unique stem design allows for more stability and a softer-sounding bottom out. I purchased switch pads but quickly discovered I didn't need them.
• Switch Type - Linear
• Manufacturer - Kailh
• Top Housing Material - POM
• Bottom Housing Material - POM
• Stem Material - POM
• Spring Weight - 40±10g operating force, 50g bottom out
• Mounting Pins - 5-pin
• Factory Lube - Yes
I purchased GMK Birch keycaps from CannonKeys, and they're the perfect match for this keyboard.
Building the Bakeneko65
The easy-to-follow build guide is available online.
Related Articles and Resources
The YUNZII Ajazz AC067 Peak Blue 67 Keys Hot-Swappable Gasket Mounted Mechanical Keyboard is eerily similar to the Bakeneko65 and is available at a fraction of the cost. I purchased the AC067 and will be reviewing it once it arrives!